TOP 15 FAVORITE MOMENTS:
- The Magical and Inspiring Opening Number (plus Jack Black)
- Eddie Redmayne’s win and acceptance speech.
- NPH’s Birdman Impression
- Tribute to the late greats (shed a tear for Robin Williams)
- Common’s Acceptance Speech
- Adeel Dazeem and John Travolta
- Graham Moore’s Acceptance Speech
- Emma Stone Winning a Lego trophy
- Patricia Arquette’s Acceptance Speech
- Everything is Awesome
Top 5 BOO!/WTF?!/LOL in a Bad Way Moments:
- Racist Sean Penn (It’s obvious that Birdman will win when his name was called. Could’ve been Mel Gibson but Penn is okay.)
- The Eddie Murphy Joke by NPH
- Terrence Howard’s intimate moment
- J. Lo’s dress
- Big Hero Six winning over Princess Kaguya (at least it’s not How To Train Your Dragon 2)
RESULTS @ http://themoviebud.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-87th-academy-awards.html
Kubot: The Aswang Chronicles 2 felt like a bunch of awesome clips that were cohesively mashed to produce a peculiar and heavily entertaining film. Even if it didn’t win the Best Picture award, it’s still a movie that you can be proud of because of its world-class production and one of a kind story.
Full e-Review @ http://themoviebud.blogspot.com/2014/12/kubot-aswang-chronicles-2.html
English Only, Please takes its time to let us feel the magic of falling in love and be tatanga-tanga for the right one.
Full e-Review @ http://themoviebud.blogspot.com/2014/12/english-only-please.html
Not a huge comeback, but the Vic Sotto film that we loved is back in My Big Bossing. This doesn’t apply to everyone but if you want your kids to be kind, honest and become closer to you, let them enjoy this. If you want them to be stubborn and disrespectful, watch the top-grossing movie of the week.
Full e-Review @ http://themoviebud.blogspot.com/2014/12/my-big-bossing.html
Shake, Rattle & Roll XV proves that the Filipino horror is nowhere near to be dead. With the help of skillful filmmakers and fascinating superstitions in this country, the Christmas tradition will live and continuously adapt for generations to come.
Full e-Review @ http://themoviebud.blogspot.com/2014/12/shake-rattle-roll-xv.html
– Nowhere near as good as its predecessor but the intentional absurdity of it is enjoyable to watch. Less logic, more fun for a horror film that makes fun of ridiculous beliefs.
Full e-Review @ http://themoviebud.blogspot.com/2014/12/feng-shui-2.html