- Double the action, triple the narration. The Raid: Berandal will give you a relentless beating like never before even if its oversized plot makes it inferior to its epic predecessor.
Full e-Review @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-raid-2-berandal.html
INSIDIOUS 2: 2.5/5
MAN OF TAI CHI: 2/5
GIMME SHELTER: 2/5
THE SMURFS 2: 2/5
A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST: 2.5/5
miniReviews @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/06/minireviewcalypse-vol-iii_28.html
- Every wunderbar dream must come to an end and Wes Anderson embraces this sad fact with marvellous grace. Optimistic yet cynical at the same time, The Grand Budapest Hotel is all kinds of confusing. It’s early to tell but so far, this my favorite film of 2014 and Wes might finally go home with an Academy Award in his arms. That also goes to Monsieur Fiennes.
Full e-Review @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-grand-budapest-hotel_1313.html
- Nowhere near as good as their classic romantic comedies before but it’s a delightful Adam Sandler movie that fans haven’t seen for a very long time. He and Drew Barrymore’s timeless chemistry and Terry Crews’ hilarious moments make up for the lame side-jokes, absurd story and bad editing. Hate him all you want. You still paid for their African vacation.
Full e-Review @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/06/blended.html
- The Fault in our Stars demands to be felt and it’s somewhat successful in delivering tearjerker moments and sensible quotes to its audience. It’s not as provocative as Funny People or as realistic as 50/50 but it’s an affectionate love story. Watching this back to back with Edge of Tomorrow with your special someone is what Ted Mosby calls a super date.
Full e-Review @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-fault-in-our-stars.html
- High-octane action, invigorating story and charismatic leads make Edge of Tomorrow the summer movie to beat. If I could have William Cage’s powers, I would continuously die trying to change this movie’s title to “REVITALIZE”, “RESPAWN”, “UNDO” or “How the Hell did Tom Cruise Turn 50 and Still Look Like in his 20’s?”
Full e-Review @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/06/edge-of-tomorrow.html
- It tried too much to soften its titular character but they can win you over because of Angelina Jolie, Sharlto Copley and the marvellous special effects. It’s either you buy this remake or you like the lame Sleeping Beauty more or you just hate Disney. For me, this is the best live action fairy tale remake so far. Now, it’s time to get Sacha Baron Cohen and let him play a generous but completely misunderstood Jafar.
Full e-Review @ http://e-revs.blogspot.com/2014/05/maleficent.html